In the newest Vogue. Greatest correction ever? (h/t buzzfeed)
-Jody, BL Show-
• The best-looking, coolest teenagers are actually 30.
• Your principle is always looking for ways to take you down.
• Your ultimate love interest is never the one whose entrance is accompanied by wind chimes in first episode, and in fact that guy is going to give your cousin an STD.
She decided the floor just wasn’t good enough for her. (Taken with Instagram)
OH MY GOSH, this just occurred to me. What if the new No Doubt cd was like Tragic Kingdom caliber…. how would I handle so much awesome!?!?
1. Buzz off all of your hair or tie it back into a sleek bun. Hair will only fall into your eyes and get in your way. And it makes you look weak.
2. Subsist only on white foods. Cauliflower. Crackers. Flour mixed with water. No cottage cheese allowed. Are you a baby? Train your body to…
October 28, 1949
I sold my first story to Collier’s. Received my check ($750 minus a 10% agent’s commission) yesterday noon. It now appears that two more of my works have a good chance of being sold in the near future. I think I’m on my way. I’ve deposited my first check in a savings account and, as and if I sell more, will continue to do so until I have the equivalent of one year’s pay at GE. Four more stories will do it nicely, with cash to spare (something we never had before). I will then quit this goddamn nightmare job, and never take another one so long as I live, so help me God.
I’m happier than I’ve been in a good many years.
“…pardon me if I remain skeptical of those who would have us believe that Jay-Z and West make revolutionary art. Do they make music that is fun to dance to and contains occasional references to politics? Absolutely. But if they are revolutionaries, then let us marvel at what a difference 50 years makes: Hampton and Newton wielded guns in the name of class war, while today’s black militants are millionaires with music-video budgets who film fake revolutions in places where real revolutions once took place.”
—Cord Jefferson, via Gawker’s What’s 50 Grand to a Revolutionary Like Me?: Watch the Throne and the New Black Power